Im taking antabuse... I have a bad head cold and dry hacking cough. what can I take?

Anonymous 9 Apr 2013

Hello dion 112913. I believe vicks day quil might help. Your pharmacist would be the best source or you might use the sites interaction checker. (top of this page) Regards pledge

DzooBaby 9 Apr 2013

Ask your pharmacist for options. That would be your easiest resource or as pledge mentioned, you can check with the interactions checker if you have something specific in mind. Any liquids that have any alcohol at all are out of course.

happybrandee 9 Apr 2013

You can take anything that does not have alcohol in it!. If you read the label on any cold medicine that you are thinking about taking you can see if alcohol is in the ingredients. If it is , don't take it, it's that simple. But if you still have questions about what is safe for you to take, you can ask a pharmacist, they can tell you what is safe to take while on antabuse.
Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
~~happybrandee~~