I am taking 150mg of anafranil and 10mg of cipralex and 2.5 olanzapine.is this a safe combination?

WildcatVet 12 Nov 2016

Hi, Sureyya! Here is the Interaction Checker report for your drug combination:

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1744-0,702-355,1013-565

Note that Lexapro and Cipralex (escitalopram) are the same drug. Also, you should be aware of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome but it is extremely rare.

Best wishes, Wildcat

Stephen Treloar 13 Nov 2016

Hey Wildcat, nice call. On the face of it, it seemed strange but not totally; I take clomipramine and chlorpromazine but no anti depressants. I was trying to work out the pathologies being treated with that combo.

chuck1957 19 days ago

Sureyya; Yes really this is a very common combination as Wildcat has already shown you. And really your doses are very low compared to many people so I would not worry at all. And it's good to know some of the effects of the medications but you have to be careful some people read to much and it scares them. But if you read aspirin you would never take another one. You well be just fine please feel free to come back anytime. Chuck1957