I am taking 150 Zoloft. And also got prescribed tramadol. It is okay to take 200mg of tramadol?

balbanese 8 Feb 2015

This is a question only your Dr can answer. You take the risk of seizure of you mess with the Tram dosage.

balbanese 8 Feb 2015

*correction "should" answer. Anyone can answer it, but your Dr is the only one who should answer it.

kaismama 8 Feb 2015

Not at one time. The dose of tramadol is 100 mgs.

Justme8989 8 Feb 2015

I took 150 Zoloft this am and I'm wondering if it is ok to take 100 my of tradmadol now?

Delila 9 Feb 2015

Hi, i think it is important to read through the potential side effect symptoms of combining these medications: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2221-0,2057-1348
However, i used to take SSRI's with Tramadol and had no adverse effects. Everyone is different. Do you take 200mg of Tramadol all at the same time? Are you taking immediate release or extended release?

KDEdmiston 11 Feb 2015

Tramadol acts like an SSRI, so there is a risk of Serotonin syndrome, among other potential complications. I was prescribed Vicodin and Tramadol (not to be taken at the same time), and Walgreens didn't fill the Tramadol because I was on 40mg Paxil. I guess the computer indicated a potential adverse drug interaction. Having said that, I had taken some Tramadol before getting the Rx from the surgeon and didn't have any problems. Of course, you should consult with your physician.