Take B12 injections for anemia for 18 months. Still have some spine/hip pain. Will pain ever abate?

kimmie1 19 Feb 2010

Were you taking B12 injections for anemia and the spine/hip pain? I didn't know that B12 helped with spine/hip pain. Please fill me in. I am curious. kimmie1

wustledu 20 Feb 2010

The bad spine/hip/leg pains were what led me to see a doctor who diagnosed pernicious anemia. B12 injections do help relieve symptoms but I still have residual leg/hip/spine pain. Will talk with dr. at next visit to see if there is another condition such as osteoarthritis causing my pain symptoms or if I need to take more B12 injections each month than what I am doing now.

kimmie1 20 Feb 2010

I am curious because I was diagnosed with anemia and I too have hip pain when I sleep. I don't know if it's because I stay in one position for so long or there is something else going on. It wakes me up it hurts so bad. If B12 will help I would surely rather take that than add to what I am taking.Thanks for your response. kim

kimmie1 20 Feb 2010

wustledu 9 Jun 2010

Recently learned that my hip and leg pains are being caused by osteoporosis.