Can I take T5 fat burning tablets while I am taking levothyroine for an under active thyroid?

Stephen Treloar 26 Sep 2014

I'm inclined to say not at all: https://www.drugs.com/pro/levothyroxine.html
but if in doubt see your doctor for confirmation of this opinion.

"WARNING: Thyroid hormones, including Levothyroxine sodium, either alone or with other therapeutic agents, should not be used for the treatment of obesity or for weight loss. In euthyroid patients, doses within the range of daily hormonal requirements are ineffective for weight reduction. Larger doses may produce serious or even life threatening manifestations of toxicity, particularly when given in association with sympathomimetic amines such as those used for their anorectic effects."

Take care please, Steve.

jenhomer 28 Sep 2014

Thanks steve I wont take the T5 fat burning tablets

endlessPred 4 Oct 2014

Please let your doctor know all the supplements and over the counter meds you take. Many are either fake or interfere with things like thyroid or other prescription medications you may take. The only way to lose weight is diet and exercise. Spend the money on a gym rather than a gimmic.