Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - How often do doctors misdiagnois lupus/rhemutoid arthritis?

gitabucks 31 Jan 2014

Unfortunately, lupus is often missed because unless you are in a lupus flare up, it doesn't show up on the blood tests. People often go mis diagnosed for years before it is finally caught. Unfortunately, with RA. As long as you are still able to flex your writs and hands the doctors tend to let it slide and will tell you to take anti inflammatory pills until your pain worsens. Go figure. Good luck, try and research you symptoms and get the blood tests when your at your worst, hopefully, that will help. I however wasn't diagnosed until I went into kidney failure and the doctors did a kidney biopsy to finally confirm I had lupus