Synvisc - If the drug will work, is it individualized? How soon do you see results?

DzooBaby 30 Mar 2011

Synvisc works great for most people (in the knees). Usually once it is injected in it begins to cushion the joint. It may take a bit for all the inflammation to go down but most people notice some difference just due to the cushioning effect right away. As far as how long for all, or most, of the inflammation to go down varies in everyone. Go for it! It may keep you from needing knee surgery for a while longer!

Anonymous 13 Nov 2011

I had the shot in Aug. 2011 and the knee is worst. I am in pain most of the time. At night the pain from my whole leg will wake me up. The doctor told me it should show signs of relief within a month, but in my case, nope. It is a rather expensive venture, total cost was $1,997.00 for the one shot plus the office visits. My husband is in his workshop making a wooden peg, I want red oak!! Need to have a sense of humor...