OK... need some help. A good friend of mine is trying to come off of methadone due to how expensive it is, the inconvenience of going to the Clinic Mon-Sat, and the fact that ins. doesnt cover it (& fact that reason for going on was to get clean, i dont consider methadone being clean) I have tried to call numerous detox facitilies for methadone detox and in CT there is NO PLACE that will detox from methadone, with methadone. I even took her to a facility that told me that they did, and when i got there with her they were actually going to use suboxone.. Nevermind the fact that it was all a lie and it was actually a sober house where drugs are more accessible then in our home town! But how are you expected to w/d with 15 people (strangers!) in a house together, experiences wd syptoms??? Or the fact that if she wants anything 1 of the 15 people can call their dealer and have it there in minutes! All of the clinics around here switch you to suboxone. Which is fine, but that can be done at home, no? I am trying to find out the process and get some answers...

She has switched to suboxone after tappering the methadone down to about 30 +/- mg. and its been about 4 days.. The first 2 days she took subutex and then started with the suboxone as the clinics recommended... However, she is not doing very well (so she says) and has no energy, just feels blah to say the least (the wd syptoms are no where near what she experienced trying to come off methadone cold turkey (btw, seems impossible, props to anyone who has been able to do that successfully))

My concern is she mentioned taking a perk.. WHAT!? why would you want to take a perk if you are going thru all of this and try to be clean, plus it wont do anything since suboxone has a blocker..right? She says it will help her.. i am not experienced with this, but i am thinking maybe its a mental thing, that even though she isnt going to get the "high" she will feel better... Am i correct? I am just trying to get advice on what to do with this friend, bc i am at the end where i am out of options to help and if she is turnin back to pills, i feel like i cant help any more and might have to try the tough love route.. Please help.. any advice is appreciated!