I am switching back to gabapentin from Lyrica because of insurance costs. Is that okay?

lisa-li 12 Aug 2017

Yes.I was on lyrica but my ins. wouldn't cover it,so my Dr put me on gabapentin for my diabetic neuropathy.It did cause weight gain and fatigue so I'm gradually going down in MG's. til I'm off.Lyrica also caused weight gain for me.Just be aware of your side effects if any and talk to your Dr.

DarylRick8 10 Nov 2017

My Mom was taking Gabapentin, which didn't seem to help her. I talked with her doctor and he switched her to Lyrica. The only precaution in switching was just to make sure she didn't take both at the same time... in other words, once switched to Lyrica, then don't take the Gabapentin. I would think switching either way is to make sure you aren't taking both at the same time.