Would love to hear from those of you who have been on Prozac. I was on 60mg Celexa (yes, I know about the FDA warning). I saw a psych on Sunday and was told to drop to 40mg (which I had already done a few days earlier as 60mg was not working). Today she called and said she had decided to switch me to 60mg Prozac.

I have to take 20mg Celexa for two days and none the following two days and start 60mg Prozac on Tuesday. She said that right now they were primarily treating my OCD and I would be reviewed again at my next appointment in 4 weeks.

I will go with this anticipating the usual heightened anxiety for the first few weeks (ugggh!). I have read a post on the fluorextine site that someone gained 80lbs on Prozac, double uggh:( I have been on Celexa for 10 years and never had any weight gain only loss so can I expect to gain almost four/fifths of my body weight on this supposedly "happy" drug.

Is it ok to take valium (4mg or so) with Prozac over the initial period to help with the heightened stress - or not?

Look forward to hearing your input and experience.

Blessings, Aud