Can I switch from Advair Dskus to Symbicort for 6 weeks, Im in the coverage gap and out of Advair?

kaismama 9 Oct 2013

You know, advair is one of the meds that docs get allot of samples of. I'd give my dr a call and see if he had any before I'd worry about switching. You'll need to talk to them anyway if you want to switch to symbicort. There are organizations that will help when you're in the donut hole too. Here are some of them The CoPay Relief Program 1-866-512-3861 or www.copay.org; or Suddenly Senior www.suddenlysenior.com/patientassistantprograms.html; or Needy Meds www.needymeds.org; and Partnership for Prescription Assistance 1-888-477-2669 or www.pparx.org www.freemedicine.com www.access2wellness.com
www.benefitscheckup.org/cf/index.cfm?partner_id=22

marti545 9 Oct 2013

Thanks, that really helps :)

Agtsf12 3 Nov 2014

I'm on advair twice a day , I think it's today's miracle drug . I have asthma but is there long term effects that I should worry about?

Anonymous 9 Oct 2013

Hello marti545. I have COPD and yes,(depending on the diagnosis) in my point of you could. Symbicort is used as daily medication to treat in my case COPD, as is the Advair Diskus. My suggestion would be to taking would be Spiriva, as I found that it is more successful in the daily routine. However this possibly not being an option, Symbicort. two inhalations in the am and two in the pm will certainly aid. (160/4.5) Regards pledge

marti545 9 Oct 2013

Thats really great, it is an option!!! I actually have 3 months of Spiriva that I was taking along with the Advair. My Dr told me to stop the Spiriva because I was getting along pretty good... :)