Celexa - is there any anti depression mediciation that dose not have the side effect of sweating?

Anonymous 28 May 2012

Hello cats4678. What effects one person doesn't another. I suggest Remeron/Mirtazapine. I have been taking it for some years and no problem in regards to perspiration/sweating. Best of wishes, pledge

Anonymous 28 May 2012

I found that Tofranil, Norpramin, Elavil and Adapin have few complaints as an issue in regards to sweating.

balbanese 28 May 2012

There may be, but this is a fairly common side to most of them. I will say if this is the ONLY issue you have with it, and it's working for you on all points otherwise, stick with it. Hope this helps.

Anonymous 29 May 2012

Cats,
I have been sick since I was 13, I'm now 56. Celexa is a SSRI. If this one causes uncomfortable side effects, there are a lot more SSRI type anti-depressants to chose from, all a little different, but basically the same. Talk to your psychiatrist and see if there is another one you can try. I will say I've been lucky with the globs of different psych meds given to me at one time or another. The only problems I've had are they did nothing and I'm allergic to atypical anti-psychotics.
I got lucky this go round and found a med that works for me, Lamictal. That and Klonopin keep my bipolar, depressed, OCD, PTSD and diagnoses I can't remember happy. And happy for me is rare and fleeting . For now I'm happy and enjoying every second of it.
Peace and no more sweating,
Sweet Hippie

endlessPred 29 May 2012

Gee guys. Wait till you go through menopause! lol. We don't live in a perfect world. I look at the sweats as a way to clean out the pores. Much cheaper than going to a spa, isn't it?

Realistically, Keep your environment cool, especially at night. It does help a bit. And be sure you drink lots of water all day to make up for the sweating. You can feel really poor if you become dehydrated. It seems worse than it is, to me the sudden heat is the real surprise. I look forward to the cool side of the pillows...