I had surgery to remove part if my intestine. Is it safe for me to take prolia? What will happen?

sara12345 10 Oct 2016

I would delay getting the Prolia injection because you shouldn't risk a serious infection which could put you in the hospital when you are in the process of healing from surgery. The official site says:

"Serious infections in your skin, lower stomach area (abdomen), bladder, or ear may happen. Inflammation of the inner lining of the heart (endocarditis) due to an infection may also happen more often in people who take Prolia®. You may need to go to the hospital for treatment.

Prolia® is a medicine that may affect the ability of your body to fight infections. People who have weakened immune systems or take medicines that affect the immune system may have an increased risk for developing serious infections."

Good luck to you.