So I have a friend who has been in extreme pain for the past six months, the pain was mild for about a year before that. He had twisted the muscle in his calf before this and he is not sure if that is the cause of the rest of his pain.

So the way it was described to me: He said that it feels like his muscles are twisting and moving, not only in his left leg, but in his left arm as well. There is also a build up of knots around the muscles in his ribs. He recently told me that his right side has begun to hurt too. The pain never goes away, but some days are more manageable than others. When he lays down he says that he can "force" the pain away, but when he stands up it feels like his muscles are shifting and the shift is almost unbearable.

He has been to the doctor countless times and recently had an ultrasound. The doctor said the ultrasound didn't pick up what they were looking for (this was after he requested an MRI).

He has herniated discs in his back as well as one in his neck and lower back. The discs that are affected in his back are C4 and L5. I asked which one had the herniated disc in the lower back but they did not clarify.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them or know someone that it has happened to, or any advice on what could be the cause of all this pain and muscle shifting. He said it just feels like his "insides are shifting". I've done a little research and came up with maybe a peripheral nueropathy, but wanted to see if any one had any other input on the situation.

If you need more information, please feel free to ask. Thank you.