I have been on Effexor XR for about 7 years with a dose of 150 Mg per day. Halfway through February, I started to reduce the dose by taking the pills apart and taking out beads. After about 2 and a half weeks (i.e. early March), I was down to 75 Mg daily. I am still on 75 Mg daily now.

For 4-5 weeks now my mood has been extremely volatile- one morning I will be feeling like things are ok, and then in the afternoon I will be feeling totally awful- like the sky is about to come crashing down on my head. The down periods come often and are extremely traumatic.

My question is, does anyone have any experience of a situation like this, and if so, do they have any advice or insight to offer? I simply don't know if this is explained by withdrawal (even though I am still on a half-dose), or whether this is my natural disposition.

Thank you, Jonnie