Success rate for Finasteride tablets for an enlarged prostate?

mr-x 4 Apr 2014

Its just my personal experience but Tamsulosin (Flomax) worked perfectly for several years. When it started becoming difficult to urinate again I switched to Alfuzosin (Uroxatral). That didn't improve things. My impression is the two drugs are similar to each other. I would say to give this drug treatment a try. I've considered adding 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor but after talking to my doctors about side effects I've opted out. *The sexual drive issues bother me a lot.

Things have gotten worse and other then CICing (Self Cathing) as needed I'm not sure what I'll do long term. I was thinking having a Turp done but now I'm having large changes in my PSA so I guess I'll have that fully checked out before opting for any surgery.

For what its worth the CICing (Self Cathing) sounded really awful and it took time to learn it but... its really not a big deal for me now.