I am a 26 year old semi-student. I have been on anti-depressants on and off since I was a young child. I remember originally going to my DR for attention problems and he put me on Lexapro. It was so long ago I don't recall if it worked or not.I have seen multiple psychiatrists in the past few years and have struggled with consistently going and taking meds. The first MD treated me for bipolar and the medication made me feel weird and did not help.
More recently I've been prescribed Cymbalta(25 mg x2 daily) and Klonopin(.5mg x2 daily). My depression is definitely way better but I seem to have hit a wall. I don't seem to be improving, just at an even level not my full potential, even with the meds and therapy. I just started online school again and have been having a terrible time concentrating, focusing, and being on task in general. I am still taking first year courses because every year I've tried I eventually dropped out and just couldn't make it work. I have suffered with bad organization, concentration, and retaining information for as long as I can remember. I frequently have nights of terrible sleep and some nights with no sleep. My Grandpa suffered from depression almost his whole life with no relief, and I've seen my mom on anti-depressants and ADD medication, although I don't think she's using any anymore. I see my psych in 2 weeks and I feel confident I can express these feelings to him it just seems like forever, I'm afraid I won't be put on the right meds and I am debating doing a walk-in because I feel I am truly suffering. This will be my third appointment and he kept me on my meds from my previous psychiatrist. I haven't really expressed a lot of the concentration, focus, and memory issues to him because I just wrote it off as anxiety or depression but I feel it might not just be that anymore. I'm not sure if I have ADD, depression, anxiety, or all of the above and not on the right medication. I am not so much as seeking answers but it feels good to just get this off my chest because it's 3 AM and I don't feel tired and really and feeling the suffering, not depressed though. Any questions, thoughts, or ideas will be appreciated.