Will strep go away without taking medicine? I have had reactions to both prescibed to me?

kaismama 7 Sep 2013

No it won't, its a bacterial infection. It will only get worse and cause major problems. What have you taken that you had reactions to and what were the reactions?

Teeny1979 7 Sep 2013

Yes, it will for sure get worse. I got strep throat and let it go and it turns into scarlet fever. After I went with no medications I started getting a rash all over my body and ended up in the hospital and they told me it was the strep throat that caused the rash which was a form of scarlet fever. I hope u can take something for it.

DzooBaby 10 Sep 2013

Strep throat infections will lead to Scarlet Fever and CAN be fatal if left untreated. many many children died from this before antibiotics. There should be something you can take. Your Dr needs to run a sensitivity report and find out what all the bacteria is sensitive to.