Strattera - why presribe straterra versus vyvanseor intuviv?

Anonymous 7 Jan 2012

Hello coach4tuna. I just answered a question such as your so I'll end up repeating a bit what I've already said in the other answer given. Strattera, is from the SSRI family of drugs. (Selective Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhivitor). It is unlike Vyvanse which is a stimulant, Strattera is not (a stimulant) and its considered to be non addictive, so its not likely to be abused. Strattera works by increasing the chemical norepinephrine, which the brain is low on. Vyvanse is a stimulant ande can be habit forming. Its main ingredient is a chemical called Lisdexamfetaime. I'll not go any further because it can become confusing if I don't explain it properly. Side effects are different, and in the case of Vyvanse, more difficult to stop the drug, when no longer needed whereas Strattera, theres not that problem. Both drugs work well, just through different means. Best of wishes and good health to you,pledge