I was dealing with some health issues with my 3 year old. It had me very nervous, depressed, scared, worried, and I was having panic attacks. I went to my doc and she put me on 0.5 alprazolam ( generic for xanax). I was told to take them 1 pill, 3 times a day. I never did that. I would take 1 or 2 a day. but never took 3 a day. I did this for about 6 weeks, maybe just over 6 weeks.
Then I got good news about my sons health, and figured since that was the good news I was hoping to hear, that there wasn't a need to take them anymore.
The doc had also prescribed me lexapro 10mg one time a day. ( i never took any of those at all) I'm not big on taking pills, and even more so depression pills. I stopped taking the generic form of xanax about 5 days ago. And I'm wondering if I should just stop like that? While I'm no longer worried about the health issue that we were dealing with - with my 3 yr old. I do feel some worry and fear because going through this has made me worry more.
Any advice or thoughts on stopping like this?
also I've been having hives, and a slight weeze in my chest, lung throat area. Kinda hard to explain. but I wonder if that's from stopping the pills? i was getting hives prior to the pills, but just figured it was from so much stress and worry.