I'm on Sprintec, and have been for about a month. I skipped a week of the placebo pills to skip a period, but it came anyway. I just got off the phone with my doctor, and she said that it's common to have a period anyway, even when you're still on active pills.
I understand this completely. But one thing I also asked is if there's a way I can stop my period by Friday (it's Tuesday now) because my boyfriend is coming to visit, and he's very weirded out by having sex while I'm on my period. She said to stop taking the pill, and I should stop bleeding by Friday when he comes (I'll still be protected against pregnancy if I stop taking it). I'm confused because I talked to my pharmacist about it also, and she said to not stop taking the pill to stop bleeding. Has anybody stopped taking the pill to stop bleeding, and has it worked for you?