I want to stop taking sertraline can I just stop or do I need to be taking off slowly?

WildcatVet 14 May 2018

Hi, franknbeans! You should have your doctor prescribe a tapering dose schedule to avoid discontinuation symptoms:
"Do not stop using sertraline suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to safely stop using sertraline."
Best regards, Wildcat

Rkpublic 15 May 2018

Oh no, always wean off with the help of the dr. Even though I was doing this from what you’ve been taking, the side affects were really bad. This was one of the meds I found hardest to get out of my system. Following drs instructions to the letter helped so much. Also she gave me meds to ease some of the worse ones, made the transition easier. Patience, because it takes time and everyone is different.