Is there any way to stop or slow gum bleeding. I am on Pradaxa?

kaismama 5 Sep 2012

The first thing you need to do is tell your dr. Do you use a soft tooth brush? Do you have any gum inflammation a dentist could help you with? Wet tea bags will help stop bleeding from gums.

Dumpster Diver 5 Sep 2012

Thank you K., for the teabag tip for bleeding gums! D-Squared

kaismama 6 Sep 2012

Tea bags are good for several things, they're also good for burns. Its the tanic acid in them. My oral surgeon told me to use a tea bag after he pulled my wisdom teeth, years ago.

DemoninDC 24 Oct 2012

This is a known issue with Pradaxa and you need to make your doctor aware that it is happening. You can try what I did and wait it out by continuing to brush your teeth over the next month or two and hope that your gums will toughen up and stop bleeding. If not, you should see your dentist like Kaismama stated to rule out any dental issues. Do you have any other underlying issue that could be contributing to the bleeding such as age or other drugs that you are taking?