Would it help stomach pain to drink something that coats your stomach before taking meloxicam?

Anonymous 18 Jan 2013

It as well as any anti inflammatory drug should be taken with food or milk. You also might try acid reducers. I used prilosec, which can be expensive, if tums or other over the counter antacids don't work. Hope you find something to work for you.

PoisonAlice 18 Jan 2013

I was told by numerous doctors to take an acid reducing medication like Prilosec or Zantac before taking an NSAID, let it kick in, then take the anti-inflammatory.

C.E. 19 Jan 2013

The Meloxicam is definitely an irritant to one's stomach, especially if you are prone to ulcers. Could Prilosec help you keep stomach irritation away? I wonder if you have already asked for an alternative to the Meloxicam. There may be a supplement that can help such as Glucosamine & Condroition . (If you use a supplement, please check that they don't interact negatively with your medicines.) Best wishes, C.E.