Stivarga,is this the better treatment for liver cancer,after having chimeo therapy since 4 years??

HeadStarter 1 Oct 2013

Hello rainbow... that is a beautiful name. I am sure dealing with the big "C" has been a harrowing experience but perhaps made you stronger for the experience because it is so personal and you are fighting.

It sounds like your doctor made this decision because the type of cancer you have wasn't responding to treatment, had metastasized or couldn't be surgically removed. Perhaps none of those or some of those are true. Stivarga has been approved for tumors that cannot be surgically removed or that have metastasized to other organs but still cannot be removed.

As far as what is best or whatever else is available to you, is for you and your doctors to sort through. If you want to sort out your options, I do know people who have gone to one of the cancer treatment centers of America. One being in Illinois... another in Georgia. There are 6 in total throughout the US. If you google their name, you will find contact info. I cannot put a link here but below is a very brief description:

"Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) is a leader in integrative cancer care. Each of our welcoming, state-of-the-art cancer hospitals houses the latest treatments and technologies. We designed our cancer hospitals to be warm and welcoming, where you can receive all of your treatments under one roof by an experienced medical team.

Locations: Atlanta Phoenix Chicago Tulsa Philadelphia Seattle"

Your current med could be the best available based on what your doctors know about your condition. If you want to seek a second or even third opinion, I would get it. If you think there is something else out there, then I would follow my gut...

I wish you a smoother journey, support you can count on and people in your life to sustain you with loving, kind, uplifting words and encouragement that sees you through it all.

Mary

kathyhanson 1 Oct 2013

Mary,
What a lovely, informative response you have given! Well said...
Kathy

HeadStarter 1 Oct 2013

Thank you, Kathy, I only wish I had seen this comment over a month ago. For that... I am truly and sincerely sorry.

Mary