Since starting Hizentra 2 weeks ago, I've been breaking out in sweat. Has anyone else had this?

DeMott 17 Jun 2013

No, but I have had so many other bad reactions. Diarrhea, fatigue, weight gain, rash and pain and swelling at the injection sites. I am thinking about quitting the medication as I still suffer with all of the same allergies and asthma. I even have ear ringing and ear loss. The depression is horrible.

kathyhanson 17 Jun 2013

I haven't had the sweating. I have been getting IgG for 9 years, Hizentra for about 3 of those years. In the beginning I had headache, weakness, fatigue, muscle and bone/joint pain and an overall flu-like feeling. After about 3 months on the Hizentra, these symptoms decreased in intensity. If you do not take benadryl with your treatment, you should talk to your doctor about taking it before every infusion. It truly helps with the side effects and minimizes them. Also for the soreness at the infusion sites, I've learned to put ice packs on the sites to reduce the swelling. Also, gently massaging the infusion sites helps the IgG to disseminate into the surrounding tissues and reduces the soreness and swelling. Yes, it is a little uncomfortable, but well worth it in the long run. Don't give up on Hizentra. I've found it to be the best of the IgG treatments.
Kathy