Starting Contrave tomorrow? Does it actually work? Symptoms?

Carrie A 30 Jan 2017

Hi, I was on it last year and lost 65lbs. Had to quit for awhile because of financial problems. I started back on it a few months ago have lost another 10. Been stressed lately. When I am on it at first you get the dry mouth. Which is good so you drink more water. My craving for Mt.Dew has decreased and when I eat I'm not eating as much. I don't have any diet guidelines. I just eat normally just not as much. You also when you start get dizzy, lightheaded. But it goes away.
I hope this helped. I'm happy with my progress.

Nunwithgun 30 Jan 2017

Contrave contains bupropion and naltrexone. Both have been studied extensively with positive results. Both drugs working together help curb appetite and reduce cravings. Just with any weight loss, lots of motivation and support is needed to succeed. No medication in this category is a "cure". You may or may not even notice it working. Bupropion hit the shelves hard as a quitting smoking aid. Worked for some while had no effect with others. So, does it work? Try it. Let us know. And did you mean side effects instead of symptoms? Like any medication there are risks. Talk to a pharmacist if you have any questions. Good luck!

txtw 1 Feb 2017

I started yesterday (1/31/17). So far I am very sleepy and I feel a little dopey, but I also feel a reduction in my food cravings. I'm not sure if the drug works that fast or if it is a placebo effect. How are you doing?

Nunwithgun 2 Feb 2017

Well, placebo is ok. Still works. That dopey/sleepiness feeling will go away the longer you take it. The medication will inhibit serotonin from reaching your brain. Which is good for feeling happy while eating but bad in that it will cause that dopey/sleepiness feeling. I hope this works for you.

I am well. I really enjoy this website and sharing my experience with people who have questions that don't necessarily need to go to the doctor for. Doctors get expensive and require a long time to answer questions if you call. I'm glad I could help.