Hi, starting 2nd week of chantix with a quit date on Monday, can I expect the cravings to diminish?

Sussan53 24 Jan 2016

It will be 2 weeks for tomorrow taking Chantix and so far nothing. I'm still smoking just as much. From what I have read everyone is different so it could take longer so some people. Hopefully it will kick in for both of us. Good luck to you, and let me know how you're doing.

MNquiter 28 Mar 2016

I've been taking it for 3 weeks now, and I was smoking the same amount too, and was concerned that it wasn't going to work, but something started changing. I realized that I wasn't thinking about smoking as much, (but when I did I would allow myself to smoke.) As of today, I realized I was done smoking today when I popped a 1/2 piece of a 2mg nicorette in my mouth, and I started gagging!! Now when I think about smoking, it makes me start feeling like it's happen again! Here's a few "tricks" that helped me a lot:

1.) I didn't give myself an actually "quit date," because in the past when I've done that, it stressed me out so much, because I was always thinking about that "horrible day!" (My brain: "Smoke more, smoke more, smoke more while you can!")

Sussan53 28 Mar 2016

I found out last week I was only taking a half dose, so that explains why nothing was happening. It's been just about 1 week of taking the full dose and I have noticed a huge difference. You're absolutely right about having a cigarette because of a craving or just from habit. There are those trigger times but I do believe it's more habit. It's a work in progress, but it's definitely getting easier. Good luck!!