Hey guys. I am currently on Day 4 of Citalopram. I am feeling side effects, mostly just being slight nausea and major stomach pains (feels like there's a pit in my stomache).

Anyways, im aware that these side effects will eventually subside, and the positive effects will kick in after a few weeks - month.

Ive done a lot of research but I cant tend to find direct answers for some of my questions. It is stated that I should stay away from liquor, caffeine and spicy foods, greasy foods etc.

I was wondering if there will be a point where I can start to eat a lot of spicy food again (guilty pleasure), or as well as start drinking. If I am to drink should I not take meds for a day or two prior? Will I feel any terrible effects if I do so?

Though I plan on giving this medication a real chance, I find it hard to justify its worth. I can no longer drink, eat some of my favorite stuff, I experience a bunch of side effects. I just feel like im sacrificing so much to be on Citalopram. I don't want to stop taking the medication, but I still want to be able to enjoy all these things. Is it possible to get the best of both worlds here?

Thanks so much for all who reply!