I have just started 50 mg of Lyrica for nerve pain. Does lyrica help with anxiety?

ReenaGibson 15 May 2017

anx8?

chuck1957 15 May 2017

Catshadow; Yes Lyrica is used for pain and also anxiety. Just remember when you start it sometime even the anxiety get worse for the first week or two then that settles down. But it should not give you to much problems on this dose. And to reach the full benefits of this also it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks ant one daily and also try and take it at the same time each day helps. if you have any other question check with your doctor on your next visit but this should give you a good idea of what to expect. have a great day chuck1957

Catshadow 16 May 2017

thank you for answering my question it was very helpful

GeoffS 18 days ago

Another thing that a Doctor has told me is that Lyrica can also lead to weight gain.

chuck1957 18 days ago

Yes, remember the Lyrica can also cause some increased anxiety for the first couple of weeks and some other problems than it will start to work better after a few weeks when those side effects go away. just hope they will be mild or no problem at all. Chuck1957