I am about to start Harvoni treatment and would like to read what you all are saying!?

Cody20 19 Oct 2016

Hi Soexcited53 ! I am on the 12 week treatment. I am just starting week #9. This treatment is so easy compare to what I took in 2002 and 2013. The only side effect for me is diarrhea but I'm dealing with it. I have not missed a day of work. When you start just make sure you drink plenty of water. This helps with some of the side effects like headaches. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Gabriella1234 19 Oct 2016

I just started 7 days ago. So we are on the same time frame! Yay! I'm looking for someone who is in my situation as well. I can only speak for myself but I've zero side effects so far. Perhaps a slight headache but nothing l can't handle. Water has helped. I'm 32 and have had hep c for over 15 years. I'm so happy to be able to get my life back & I am just trying to focus on that. For years I've been tired & have had brain fog. At times I'm unable to move, which isn't really an option since I have a baby. This is day 7 and I'm up & happy though! I'm giving credit to God & the amazing people at Gilead who gave me this miracle drug for free! I have a son & I don't want him to see me like this anymore. Luckily he's still very young, so hopefully he won't remember seeing mommy so tired she can't function right. I'm excited for you & for all of us who are being able to get this amazing treatment! I've seen people who died from this & it was NOT forgiving. My GI told me I'd have to wait til stage 3-4 cirrhosis or cancer before she'd even try to submit it to insurance. That was 6 weeks after my son was born. She told me to make a will & pick a family member to take him because I'd never get Harvoni. I couldn't take that so I took action of my own... And thanks to divine intervention, she was wrong! It took no time at all! I'm just grateful & so appreciative. Sorry I know this is long. Just happy to see someone in my time frame! Soon we can say we are hep c free! It's definitely worth it! Oh & as far as side effects. I don't know about you but I already had symptoms from the disease. This is a walk in the park for me! Nothing to speak of. Thank you God & Gilead!!!