My boyfriend got poison oak about two and a half weeks ago. We've been doing oatmeal baths and doing everything we can.. it now it spreading all over his body.. I read online that poison oak usually doesn't spread and it's not contagious.. I also read that poison oak can turn into staph infection.. I woke up with 6 blisters on my chin with a little fluid coming out of them. They hurt very bad. Does it sound like we have staph infection?
Hi Gina, i've had cellulitis (skin staph' infections) numerous times, even to the point of causing blood poisoning, but not once have I seen blisters. This is definitely time to see a doctor as it sounds more like a herpes viral thing which is confusing considering the poison oak origin. :/
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 Sep 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 19 May 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Mar 2013 • 4 answers
Posted 11 Feb 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 23 Jun 2016 • 2 answers