I am prescribed vicodin for back pain and am in my late 20s. For the past 5 years I have taken a dose of 2.5mg at a time for a total of 10mg over the course of a day. I NEVER take more than 2.5mg, not for 5 years and I don't get any cravings to. I don't drink or smoke and I don't experience any adverse effects that I know of. Furthermore the past 5 years have been enormously successful for me in every way. Is it totally absurd to think that I can just keep taking it? Vicodin really does just seem to work for well for me (both in terms of pain and, somehow, life) and I've kept the dosages well in check without any indication of a change.

I'm not sure who I can ask about this because this sounds like denial or something. No friends or family have expressed concern, this is just my own personal curiosity. Incidentally, I take norco so the acetominiphen intake is minimal (325mg/day.) This is really the whole story and as far as I can tell it's weird, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.