Two years ago I was dealing with an eating disorder. I wasn't severely underweight. I went on Prozac (10mg for a week and then 20mg)- loved the med, but it made me gain 25 lbs in a span of 3 months. I didn't overeat and I exercised every day, and the weight gain made me become depressed again. I actually lost some weight at 10mg before it came back on from going on 20mg.

I have been off of the med for over a year and my body has never been the same. I eat healthy and exercise every day but keep gaining weight. Have had everything tested, but no health issues. I lost most of the weight (no more eating disorder) but recently my doctor found that I have in range, but HIGH cortisol levels. He said that high cortisol is a result of stress (from the unknown weight gain) and that in order to relieve stress, I should go back on a low dose of Prozac. I don't know what to do! I want this weight to come off, but will going back on meds cause weight gain again? Or will it lower cortisol which will lead to weight LOSS?