... stop growing
If you are female, I can't help.
If you are male; the top of your head is safe; your beard will grow at about 50% normal speed; most (I can count 50 hairs on both legs) of your body hair will fall out except pubic hair which stays at about 50% loss and 90% of your armpit hair. I could give you a list of nasties and it did nothing it was prescribed for (potassium sparing diuretic). My potassium levels stayed exactly the same without it. Nothing goes back to normal upon cessation i.e body hair does not grow back.
Spironolactone has several uses for hair growth in women.
1) It can be used to PROMOTE hair growth in 30-40% of women with androgenetic alopecia of the scalp
2) It can be used to REDUCE hair growth on the face with women with excessive hair growth (called hirsuitism)
It sounds confusing but it is not. Androgens cause hair loss on the scalp and hair growth on the face. Blocking them with spironolactone may help produce the opposite effects.
- Spironolactone Information for Consumers
- Spironolactone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Spironolactone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 4 Oct 2015 • 0 answers
Posted 17 Jan 2016 • 2 answers
Posted 19 Jan 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 16 May 2016 • 0 answers
Spironolactone - can spironlactone be crushed into a water solution and applied to my scalp for hair
Posted 2 Mar 2017 • 1 answer