Is spiriva available in generic?

No, there is no generic version of Spiriva available at the moment.

Earlhack 19 Sep 2012

Thanks for your input.

Anonymous

Hello Earlhack. I currently take Spirvia. Was on Advair prior to doing so. Apperently there is a product that comes out of Canada that is a generic inhaler. If I come up with a name, will add it here. Regards pledge

Earlhack 19 Sep 2012

Thanks for your input.

Anonymous 19 Sep 2012

You are welcome.

Anonymous

Hello Earlhack,

A patent currently prevents any generic Spiriva from being manufactured in the United States. While companies may claim to sell it online, these drugs may be substandard and potentially dangerous. The earliest that generic Spiriva could become available is in 2014, when the first patent expires.

Take care,

maso.-

Earlhack 19 Sep 2012

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Anonymous 19 Sep 2012

You are welcome.

Azulah 10 Aug 2015

IT IS 2015. And still no generic Spiriva.