I'm only 31 and I have been living with low back pain for the last 16 months after being in a car accident. I had surgery on my lower back in January of this year but am now in more pain than before the surgery.
I ended up with MRSA in the surgical site which required two additional surgeries to clean out the infection. I have tried steroid injections, but they havent worked. The surgeon said the next step would be a fusion on my spine.
However, the pain management doctor who did the injections is wanting me to try a Spinal Cord Stimulator... I dont know what to do. Both options scare me with having more surgery. I would like feedback from anyone who has a SCS or has tried a SCS... how does it feel, are you completely pain free or still on pain meds, what is the recovery time from the implant, what restrictions are there with having a SCS. Any feedback you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!