Hi! Does anyone out there have a Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS)? I did the trial, hated the thing but my doctor wouldn't take no for an answer. So, he sent me over to my surgeon, my surgeon declined to put it in me because I didn't like it and the notes from my pain doc didn't clearly state that it was beneficial. So, I am just wondering if anyone has one, does it feel annoying to you? Do you get used to it? I go back to my pain doc at the end of this month to see if he wants to do more imaging or if he really wants to push having the SCS implanted.
My story is, I was in a car accident 2 yrs ago, did PT..chrio, steroid shots all that stuff... even lost weight like the docs told me to. Nothing worked. I had two discs pinching a nerve... numb leg and foot. Well, ended up having laminectomey/microdiscetomey, got MRSA in the wound, stayed in the hospital for 3 months... ended up the surgery didnt work, back still hurts, leg and foot still numb. Did PT again, have lost even more weight, my surgeon won't try a fusion because I am young... so the pain doc wants to put in the SCS because I have become resistant to percocet and vicodin... I am on 100mg of morphine a day plus other pain killers and muscle relaxers. I was basically told it isnt going to get any better. So I don't know what to do... i hate the SCS, but I am not for sure if I have any other options...