Sovaldi - what are the long term side effects after treatment?

Remedy59 12 Jun 2015

Unknown,it's only been on the market for a couple years.My husband has just finished 6 months of treatment and still being monitored but has been positive that viral load has depleted.

usppartners 18 Sep 2015

My wife age 56 just finished treatment 2 months ago.Took the drug for 12 weeks.At 10 weeks the hep virius was gone.But now now has all kinds of side effects.Her liver and stomach has swollen and retaining liquid.She was in the hospital for 4 days.Stomach and legs swollen retaining water.She is now on water pills and no salt diet.Has anyone had these side effects??

Zabo 25 Feb 2016

Hello and sorry that this is happening to you and your loved one. Solvaldi saved my liver but it's still causing me side effects one and a half years later. Root canals that have failed. Going to the dentist today to talk about my options on another tooth! Have bad dry mouth for six months. I'm not going to knock a drug that saved me from a transplant list but man I can't seem to get that "me"feeling back since October 2014.

usppartners 25 Feb 2016

My wife passed away Jan 28,2016. Her liver and kidney's kept failing.once a week to drain stomach then every 3 to 4 weeks she would have to stay in the hospital. Dr.may have prescribed wrong combination with solvodi. Good luck to you. Keep me posted. God bless