My son just started taking generic aderall, is sleep walking part of the adverse effects?

DzooBaby 13 Jun 2014

Not usually but anything is possible. Is he taking anything at bedtime like clonidine? Adderall itself is a stimulant and so insomnia is common-perhaps he is sleepwalking because he is between the sleep and awake state? Most kids just have trouble sleeping with Adderall. If he is on something like clonidine to help him sleep, this may cause sleepwalking. Is Adderall the only medication he is on? I would bring it up to his prescriber on your next visit!

Delila 13 Jun 2014

Hi, i found the following information on ehealth about a study of 4,326 people who have side effects while taking Adderall. Among them, 9 have Sleep walking. Sleep walking has been reported by people with insomnia, depression, sleep disorder, pain, (quit smoking). So it is a very rare possibility. Maybe your doctor can offer more insight in to why this may be happening?

bobsy 14 Jun 2014

My brother is a Neurologist and he told me (awhile back when my girlfriend's daughter went on Adderal)l that normally Adderall should be taken first thing in the morning, unless the doctor, prescribing it, decides otherwise.