My son just started on clozaril 3wks ago, how much longer till I see good results from this med?

rantale 5 Nov 2013

Clozaril (clozapine) usually starts to show signs of affect in about 1-2 weeks.it may take longer if not try talking to his doctor if you have boy seen a change..hope this helps you out

822tina 5 Nov 2013

yes this was helpful,,, thank u

shadelady9 18 Apr 2015

my son started three weeks ago.. so far this med is a nightmare on some things but then some are better since i dont think he hears things no more... it would be nice to touch base with others whose children are taking this med... he has a major attitude and he wont eat.. and he usually eats my house out had to lock the fridge.. i worry like heck... if you have facebook im pamela seymour with a pic of my son and two cats on there please add me.. we can compare symptoms... i cant find a support group for this med... this med is reg by the national database and they should provide support...

822tina 19 Apr 2015

hi! sorry I don't have fb but ur right they should have a support group for this med. its been a 1 1/2 yrs now that my son has been on this med. it took awhile for him to get kinda stable as the doctor had to be adjusting his dose. he still has moments when he has a small flareup an I call the doc and she adjusts his meds cuz of course he's on more than one. lets keep in touch cause it is good to talk to someone that will know and understand our sons