My son is has been coughing non stop since he woke up... Can my 6 yr old son take Tylenol Cold Max?

Nikki1229 25 Jan 2017

My best advice is to call your Pediatrician. Nearly all have an after hours number where either an on-call doctor can call you back or a nurse can answer your question. Anytime you are thinking about giving a child an adult medicine it is always best to ask their Pediatrician. I certainly don't have the ability to answer your question. But my instinct would be to say no. There are over the counter meds for children to help with cough and congestion. I'd definitely try those before an adult medicine every time. It could be very dangerous to give your child that medicine. Therefore I would only take the advice of your child's doctor. I hope he feels better soon!