Should someone under 18 be taking Latuda? I saw a commercial and it said no, I need advice?

kaismama 26 Mar 2014

The reason they say not to is because it hasn't been tested in those under 18 not because its been found to cause harm. And studies have shown an increase in risk of suicide in antidepressants. If there is a valid reason for it, and the person has someone paying attention to them, it may be worth a try. Talk to the dr about your concerns.

44oakrdr 27 Mar 2014

I would definitely bring up your concerns to your childs doctor. I personally had a very bad experience with Latuda. I had a bad psychosis and suicidal thoughts, and it didn't go away until they stopped the medication. But everybody is different. Your best bet is to talk to your doctor and or get a second opinion

Sideffects2 29 Mar 2014

Latuda in the lower doses appears to have more of a anti-depressant effect in addition to being a mood stabilizer. It's certainly worth a try.Need to check with his Dr. first. Good luck.