Can someone suggest something to help me sleep at night?

masso 26 Feb 2016

Trazodone is used in the treatment of insomnia; anxiety; sedation; fibromyalgia; depression (and more), and belongs to the drug class phenylpiperazine antidepressants.

https://www.drugs.com/trazodone.html

Delila 26 Feb 2016

Hi, if you are looking for something to take long term, Amitriptyline worked very well for me. It is a tricyclic antidepressant which is prescribed off label for other uses, including sleep and pain.

Doll18 26 Feb 2016

If you want natural remedies

avoid taking caffeine in the afternoon hours before sleep
take milk
chamomile tea will also help you
listening to relaxing sounds like raindrops or whatever you like.

For antidepressant I know Mosegor could help aid sleep. It helped me well.

DancnDar 26 Feb 2016

Melatonin is a good first step for help sleeping. I prefer the ones that dissolve since they work quicker. I have also used the PM pills like you see in Tylenol PM and others. You can buy Unison and just get the PM part which is diphenhydramine (also the active ingredient in Benadryl). I have used both of these with camomile tea. I now take amitriptyline because after years of taking the others I needed something else. I hope this helps.

lizardlace 29 Feb 2016

I have tried all sorts of meds to help me sleep. I now take 3mg fast dissolve melatonin and i love it, nothing else has worked so well not even extended release melatonin

Jassyjo 29 Feb 2016

I soak at least 20 minutes in a tub filled with hot (common sense here) water, 2-3 cups of Epsom salts, 1-2 cups baking soda. These draw out toxins and the salts magnesium enter your body which is a natural nerve sedative. I add Biggs and Featherbill scented bath salts for relaxation. And, whatever music helps you to chill is great. For some reason, the so-called relaxation music only makes me more antsy; I go for some bayou, (like Roachford and Credence Clearwater Revival.) It's about what makes YOU feel better.

Jassyjo 29 Feb 2016

Sorry, I'm going through withdrawal and having fuzzy brain: Biggs and Featherbell, Featherbelle(?). Not, Featherbill.

vada99 1 Mar 2016

trazodone.

Tinman16 4 Mar 2016

Try melatonin. Natural sleep AID. Melatonin will help you fall to sleep,with no side effects. Will not knock you out.

notsosure 4 Mar 2016

Hi, I developed sleep problems and was prescribed various sleeping medications. None of them worked, and I was worried about using any of them, other than occasionally. To make a long story short, I eventually saw a sleep specialist. The doctor had me undergo three sleep studies. It was determined that I had Narcolepsy. Treatment for that put an end to my sleep problems. Final note: my doctor put me on a non-amphetimine day time wakefulness medication called Provigil. Some doctors prescribe amphetamines, so I would be sure to ask the doctor whether something like Provigil is ok to try first.