I just started Soma tonight for the first time. I have had 1 lower back fusion and 2 neck fusions. I am about to have a 3rd neck surgery as the previous ones have not fused my bones together. My question is: if it makes you sleepy, can you take 1/2 tablet during the day while working?
Some general considerations for when and how to take Soma include the following:
* Soma is usually taken by mouth three times daily and at bedtime.
* You can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
* In general, it should only be used for a maximum of two to three weeks at a time.
* The muscle relaxant can cause significant drowsiness, so the doc may recommend that you take it only at night (especially if you need to be alert during the day).
* For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
It depends upon the work that you do during the day, or best would be to seek the advice of the doc who prescribed the med, be well & safe!
- Soma Information for Consumers
- Soma Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Soma (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 May 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Jun 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 1 Aug 2013 • 5 answers
Posted 18 Nov 2014 • 3 answers
Posted 11 Sep 2015 • 1 answer