Are somas and lorcet still made and prescribed??

DzooBaby 3 Sep 2014

Generic for Soma is still available. All acetaminophen products have to have no more than 325mg of acetaminophen per pill so you cant get Lorcet 10/650 but you can get hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10/325 which would be the closest equivalent.

balbanese 3 Sep 2014

Yes on Soma, although the controls have increased. Lorcet yes if it comes in a 325mg of Acetaminophen version.

Mackintosh 6 Sep 2014

I am now on a new regimen for reasons not related to accessibility but last year & part of this year I took Soma (350 mg) & Lortab (5/325) RX 'ed by the same pain specialist MD. Am quite sure they are both readily available still. Best!!

cleo130 8 Sep 2014

I was on Carisoprodol (generic Soma) for many years, until one day I went to my pain management appointment and was informed that they were no longer prescribing it. I tried Tizanidine but could not tolerate more than one and one didn't work! Now taking Baclofen, which is a little better, but can't hold a candle to Soma. I've been taking 60MG 0f MS Contin twice a day for several years, my doc won't consider an increase, and no breakthrough meds (my doctor doesn't believe in them). Without Soma I am getting more and more miserable and my back and neck pain is making a 40 plus hour work week almost impossible. I don't sleep well and have huge waves of fatigue that nearly flatten me me every day.