Is it okay to take my snythroid at bedtime to avoid heartburn and late coffee and breakfast?

smileyhappy 13 Apr 2012

Hi Gray,

I take Synthroid first thing when I wake up. My Endo said I could have coffee with milk no problem right after Synthoid. Then I can eat half and hour later too. I have been doing this for years with no problems. I do take a Nexum for reflux at bedtime.

Hope this helps!

Smileyhappy

Anonymous 14 Apr 2012

Lynne is right. I have copied what the drug info on taking it says beow. Hope this helps... Mary

How should I take Synthroid?

Take Synthroid exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.

Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.

It is very important to take Levoxyl with a full glass (8 ounces) of water. The Levoxyl tablet can dissolve very quickly and swell in the throat, possibly causing choking or gagging. Take Synthroid on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before eating. Synthroid is usually taken in the morning. Follow your doctor's dosing instructions and try to take the medicine at the same time each day. It may take several weeks before your body starts to respond to this medication. Do not stop taking this medication suddenly. Even if you feel well, you may still need to take Synthroid every day for the rest of your life to replace the thyroid hormone your body cannot produce.

To be sure this medicine is helping your condition and is not causing harmful effects, your blood will need to be tested often. Your liver and kidney function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly.

Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using Synthroid.

Store Synthroid at room temperature away from moisture and heat.