Hi all,
I've had insomnia for years, but it's been getting worse because I know how important sleep is. I don't function well on little sleep, and I have a job where I need to have a clear mind. I am maxed out on Ambien, Lunesta, and Ativan. Seroquell still works in high doses but I don't like the effect. It also gives me such a dry mouth and stuffy nose that it keeps me awake.

Ambien still works for me about once a week, although I have to take more of it each time to still get the same effect (I am now at about 15 mg). Lunesta still works at 4 mg if I only need a couple hours of sleep (it wakes me up after 3 or 4 hours). Ativan is great but doesn't work more than twice a week. My favorite drug is Ambien, I wish I could take it every night, but then it stops working. I only have trouble falling asleep, not staying asleep. I really need to sleep in order to function the next day and have a clear mind. I am a tutor who helps people with academic papers and exams. I already tried acupuncture, meditation and hypnosis, and Valerian does not work for me at all. Melatonine sometimes works in high doses if I don't have to work the next day. When I don't take anything, I lay awake all night. It's been like that for years, I used to be very conservative about taking pills, but I found that I cannot function well on little or no sleep. When I force myself to get up early, I am so intensely tired all day that I don't get anything done. I’m always fit in the evening and tired in the morning. Anybody has any suggestions as to what else I can possibly take? I already tried Trazedone but it gave me a splitting headache and no sleep. Thanks! Roze