Can I skip my period by starting a new pack of pills when I'm supposed to take the placebos?

Marvell 26 May 2013

Which pill are you taking?

Aalliyah09 27 May 2013

Ortho cyclen

DzooBaby 28 May 2013

Yes, it is ok to do so for special occasions as long as you dont do it more than once or twice a year.

happybrandee 28 May 2013

I used to do this when I was on the pill for special ocasions, i.e My wedding, vacations, etc, etc. I would think that it is safe as long as you don't make a habit of doing it every month. But keep in mind that I am not a Doctor or a medical professional so this is something that you may want to ask your Doctor about before you do it. Also, I know that the birth control pills that they have now are different than the ones that I took in the mid-80's to mid-90's so you may not be able to do this with some pills so all the more reason to check with your doctor or even your pharmacist first!
Best of luck to you!!
~~happybrandee~~