Skip to Content

I have a fungal skin infection. What should i use?

Responses (1)

robo 9 Aug 2009

Depends what part of the skin you are treating. There are many different antifungals with different formulations depending on whether the infection is on the body, feet, scalp or groin area. See your local pharmacist and he/she will be able to recommend the best product for you.

You will find information on the treatment of fungal infections of the skin at

* Keep your skin clean and dry.
* Apply over-the-counter antifungal or drying powders, lotions, or creams. Those that contain miconazole, clotrimazole, or similar ingredients are often effective.
* Wash sheets and nightclothes every day while infected.

A severe or persistent infection may require treatment by a doctor. Antifungal pills may be given and are necessary if your hair is infected. Prescription antifungal skin medications, such as ketoconazole, are stronger than over-the-counter products and may be needed. Antibiotics may also be needed to treat related bacterial infections. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions